Mother’s Day Out
The Mother’s Day Out program uses a well rounded program of socialization, free expression, creative activities, storytelling, music and movement. These activities are developmentally geared to the young child’s interests. The classes participate in unit theme activities. Bible stories are part of the daily routine.
Three Year Old Kindergarten
Three year old kindergarten uses the “Wee Learn” curriculum by Moorehead, and published by Lifeway. Our 3K also uses a curriculum called “Second Step,” that teaches social and emotional skills. The 3K curriculum uses creative avenues such as music and movement, crafts, play, Bible stories, and “circle time,” to teach students.
Four Year Old Kindergarten
Frog Street Press is the curriculum used for four year old kindergarten. It is a comprehensive curriculum that encompasses a variety of early childhood skills. It is a phonics based program that uses songs and characters in a fun and creative way. Math concepts are taught through Frog Street Press Giggle games. Special adventure days are held throughout the school year that enhance the Frog Street Press curriculum. Unit themes are a favorite of students as they investigate many aspects of Science and Social Studies.
Other Learning Resources
- Toddlers through 4K participate in Bible classes twice a week
- Toddlers through 4K have music classes once a week
- 4K and five day 3K participate in computer classes once a week.
- Twos through 4K have PE once a week.
- There are various afterschool activities offered through private contractors. In the 2016-17 school year, students can choose art, tumblebus, soccer shots, dance and TOT.